Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Impossible Grinds
May 18, 2007 by rhinoskater30

Dunno if y'all have heard about this game, but it's called Jet Set Radio Future for XBox...if not, well, it doesn't matter.
But in the game you're on rollerblades, and you can do some pretty intense grinds like grindring up a telephone pole, and loops, and like, mile long rails at wicked speeds.

Wouldn't this be awesome on Soaps, just flyin' up a telephone pole?

Your thoughts, comments, and other impossible grinds not stated. :)
Replies

May 18, 2007Surfaced

I have the original... Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast.

That game was pretty cool, aside from all of the police. The custom graffiti element of that game was best. I should play it again, I don't remember anything about the grinding except doing so to get from building to building.

May 18, 2007RamenRadio

Pretty cool game

May 18, 2007Tasslehoff

I played that once, wicked awesome game. loved it. too bad i could never get it...

May 18, 2007matrix8967

I love Dreamcast. It's an amazing. especially my hacked one that can play Nintendo/Super Nintendo/Game Boy/Sega Gen/and most other retro systems.

http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/matrix8967/n41903614_30318556_599.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">

I love that pic. i uno who made it.

Jet grind radio helped get me back into soaping a few years ago. because of the sick grinds. that and a mix of sonic and old system of a down videos that me and my friends used to watch...

---Alex

May 18, 2007SonicSoaper

Jet Set Radio(Yes, that's the real name. They put grind in the U.S. release one) and Jet Set Radio Future are kickass games. The agressive inline is well done and the music is sick. If ou want to grind a vertical pole, just jump at it and slide down with both feet on it. I do it all the time.

May 19, 2007rhinoskater30

Yeah, I have the original Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast as well. It also got me into Soaping again. There should be a Soaping game with sick music, killer tricks, and some "Phat Lines"!

*Quote from Tab in Jet Grind Radio.

May 19, 2007kobansora

I don't think a soaping game would be fun.

Maybe if it was just an element to a game, then that would be fun.... Like Grand Theft Auto. Soaping just doesn't have enough tricks to be too deep. :/ At least that's what I think.

~JJ

May 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Soapshoes has as many tricks as Rollerblading does.

May 19, 2007SpiderSoaper

a soaping game where as u advanced to new soap locations, more diffrent grindplates will be avaialabe in the shop of the game, yu''ll need to earn money to buy them by completing missions, stickerplanting soap stickers on walls, advertise sonic the hedgehog on billboards (the least they could is that because sonic was the only thing that advertised soap and got the word out), have Derek brooks, anthoflex and sonic as unlockable characeters...........yea right that would suck woudlnt it...a soap game....wat was i thinking!? lol

May 19, 2007kobansora

It's not a BAD idea, it just.... won't have much variety.

Soaping doesn't exactly have as many tricks as fruitbooting :/ What about topsides? You can't topside with Soaps. Doing topsides just adds a lot more variety, and they're very very different from using soul plates b/c you're using the side of your frame.

With soul plates, you also have more variation with switch ups because they're easier. The only soap shoe released with "soul plates" were the Broadsides, but then still a lot of kids here don't have them so we don't get to exactly experience that, and the soul plates were down the middle. With blades, they're down the sides so you can do turns mid grind and you wouldn't hit any rubber b/c the only rubber would be your outerwheels (if you were skating freestyle or anti-rocker).

I mean, we have similar tricks but I'll still keep my argument that inlining has a lot more variation in switches and stuff.

~JJ

May 19, 2007AnthoFlex

If a topside is what i think it is...its possible on Soapshoes....then again, the whole Topside concept never made sense to me

May 19, 2007kobansora

I'll get pics;

Here are some extreme examples. Notice their parallel foot, not the perpendicular one:

This is on the soul:
http://toxboe.net/view/uploads/safe/1042314738.jpeg">

This is topside:
http://toxboe.net/view/uploads/unsafe/1116274169.jpeg">

~JJ

May 19, 2007kobansora

Topside*

http://toxboe.net/view/uploads/unsafe/1116274169.jpeg">

~JJ

May 19, 2007AnthoFlex

Wait...the bottom pic is a topside....Soul?

The top is a Makio. Dude, thats possible on Soapshoes, u just need a lot of balance. I can do those

May 19, 2007SonicSoaper

I've actually had the idea for a Soap game for a long time. The control scheme would be a cross between SA2's soaping controls and the control scheme from Tony Hawk's Underground(My vote for best in the series). You try out as an underdog who learns the basics from E.O.B. Soapers(SELF PROMOTION!) and then goes to Queens to hang out with NYCS. You basically hop around the country to session with most of today's known Soapers(of which we know of) and maybe even catch a rail with the Relate Crew. The end would be a huge Soap Tournament to decide the new members of Team Soap(There are 20 competators with only 12 spots to fill) and guess who crashes the party. Here's a hint, starts with a T and ends with a Eam Heelys. Now it's not only a Soap tournament but now you have to out grind those guys, which should be no problem since your stats are leveled up over the course of the game. Multiplayer would be like Tony Hawk but you can use unlockable costumes for the Soapers(Mart in a clown costume, Renny in a Sonic hat, SONICSOAPER IN HIS UNDERWEAR!?) and such. New shoes can be in Steve Deel's Soap Store(An actual store, not an online one) that opens up after you go to Queens. IT'S MADNESS! Soap: the Video Game...Play With Yourself!

May 19, 2007kobansora

ANTHOFLEX c'mon do you think I'm stupid?!??!

I know that you can do a freaking MAKIO on Soaps. That MAKIO isn't on its TOPSIDE. TOPSIDE is using the side of the FRAME on TOP of the GRINDING SURFACE, NOT the SOUL. I showed that pic to show you the difference between using your SOUL and using your TOPSIDE.

the BOTTOM PIC is a TOPSIDE SOUL. If the top pic were on its topside like the bottom, it would be called a fishbrain.

God damn man, how stupid do you think I am??!?!

~JJ

May 19, 2007kobansora

I think I'll use another example:

Fishbrain (topside):
http://toxboe.net/view/uploads/unsafe/1145656869.jpeg">

Makio (not topside):
http://toxboe.net/view/uploads/unsafe/1115318721.jpeg">

-------

Kindgrind (topside):
http://toxboe.net/view/uploads/unsafe/1119216368.jpeg">

Alleyoop Mizou (not topside:
http://soulcrew.net/photo/min/2mizou.jpg">

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Yo Smart shit, i WAS talking about the bottom pic. And yes, you can so that on Soapshoes, at least i can. I'm not a little bitch to be scared of doing it

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Techinally you CANT do topsides on Soapshoes because there isnt a frame to lean on. But you can easily turn that foot as if you were leaning on a frame and balance on your back foot. Thats what i do. Also, don't flip out on me like that again, read before you act, and also watch who you talk to like that

May 23, 2007kobansora

What do you mean watch who you talk to and read before you act I know what the hell I'm doing. I just don't care. What're you gonna do to me? Ban me? I'm sick of people trying to act all big and stuff. You may have been here longer than me, but I can care less. I don't really plan on coming to this forum much anymore anyways.

Say what you want, it's like you guys use the excuse of being a "bigger" soaps person to justify everything you guys say. I'm not really up for that. So uh, talk to you guys later I guess. Maybe I'll see you guys around Soaping one day.

~JJ

May 23, 2007kobansora

Ah yeah, and I'm sure you can turn your foot like that, but it still isn't a topside it'd be more of a tweak.

~JJ

May 23, 2007RamenRadio

I've always thought about a soaping video game. But I think before we can do it, we'd need to think very hard about the music, what soaping spots to use besides most of california (great sights probably, but I think we should make as much as we could), and we'd need some more sick soapers to be involved in the game besides Dario and Renny and others. It's a great idea though, I'd love for it to be out :D

May 23, 2007sam

I actually made a soaping game in MMF2 a while back, but cant upload to the internet.

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Yo Kobansora, are you pissed at something? I wasnt trying to start anything, i was just saying. You started up with me first, not the other way around

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

If sumthing happened to you in real life, don't take it out on people here

May 23, 2007SonicSoaper

Uh Travis, didn't I mention the Relate Crew, A.K.A. the ORIGINAL Team Soap? And if you've ever played Tony Hawk you would know that they used those places as a basis for the level. There's no way you'd go to Russia and find huge halfpipes next to military tanks(THUG) or a downhill course in the middle of a canyon(THPS). It would be the same has Tony Hawk in that sense of level design. I also pictured to Soap game's storyline to be similar to THUG here you make your own Soaper and he slowly rises to he top.

May 24, 2007SonicSoaper

Hehehe, Bryndon Smith.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Louis Selby busting a frontside 'nugen during the recent UKFSW trip to Ipswich.
Kyle Lefler hittin a Cheese Grater
Herr Blunt hittin a Frontside
Zack Ricky hittin a Frontside on a long, fat, kinked rail.
Adam Wasielewski hittin a Sidewalk