Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
When did you see Heelys first time?
May 15, 2007 by vollawetscher

Does anybody have any old press releases/stories/adverts/pictures from the first heelys?? I know many of you don't like HSL and would like to see them take a hit. If you can provide me with such information I can show you what I mean... Thanks!!!
Replies

May 15, 2007Surfaced

I'd ask Derek about the very first Heelys. But before asking him, ask some of the people at www.heelytalk.com. Some Team Heelys members dwell there and they would know better than us.

May 15, 2007RamenRadio

I only remember a commercial where some kid was fooling around with his scooter, and the kid with heelys put out his wheels in like seconds. I found it kind of funny at the time lol.

May 15, 2007AnthoFlex

The first time i saw Heelys?

hmmm, 8th grade....sum kid had them and i thought they were those Scechers with the wheels in them...

"So Gay", i thought

May 16, 2007AnthoFlex

No wait, i think i thought the floor was wet, until he started walking and it was clicking, then i thought it was gay

May 16, 2007vollawetscher

Very good info, thanks! Do you remember when that was? When did you see the Skechers shoes with the wheel in the heel? I would need anything that proofs that those shoes were out there before May 1999 (printed stuff, affidavit, shoe whatever....)

May 16, 2007AnthoFlex

It wasnt a shoe in the heel dude. It was two sets of wheels that you could click in or out. It had two sets of wheels in each foot. Toe and Heel, so that you could actually rollerskate around, no weight shifting

May 16, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah man, those I remember. They were always knicking Razor scooters in those ads. It pissed me off sorta.

May 16, 2007SonicSoaper

*knocking

May 16, 2007AnthoFlex

Anyone who knocks Razor scooters (or any xtreme scooter for that matter) obviously doesnt see the skill in doing tricks

May 17, 2007SonicSoaper

They were all like "Razors have to be ClUmSlY unfolded but with GENERIC WHEEL SHOE you can push the button and BE OFF!" I was going to attack the T.V. I should bring my Razor to the demo, I can jump prety high.

May 17, 2007SonicSoaper

They were all like "Razors have to be ClUmSlY unfolded but with GENERIC WHEEL SHOE you can push the button and BE OFF!" I was going to attack the T.V. I should bring my Razor to the demo, I can jump prety high.

May 17, 2007SonicSoaper

Damn.

May 18, 2007asitfalls

First time I ever saw them? 8th grade I went to Washington DC and was skating in the Potomic mall VANS skatepark and these teens had them... the next day before I came back to GA I dropped $100 for my pair.... a Size 9 heely.. the colors where silver/black and the heelys logo had an orange H... the last pair I owned where solid black. Just got rid of em.

HSL is a great company for making both SOAPS and HEELYS.

May 18, 2007rhinoskater30

In third grade about, ehhhhh, eight years ago when one of my friends came in school with yet another broken bone. We were all....
"What did you do this time?!"
He replied
"Heelys."

May 18, 2007Spano565

The first time I so heelys was at a mall in my town and I seen this 3 grade kid on them and i was like this is the gayest thing I ever seen. I felt like trippin the kid
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Alexei Tajzler hittin a Cheese Grater
Chris Komsthoeft hittin a Frontside
Hugo deLeon hittin a Frontside on the back porch
Derek Brooks hittin a Royale
Cullen Wurzer hittin a Hittin a royale on a bike rack