Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Needin' rails
May 14, 2007 by Megashadow77

Okay, I started SOAPing not long ago. I got my own rail. I'm running outta tricks to practice (that aren't impossible for me....)
So, I wanna go try some higher rails. Sad thing is, I live in a small neighborhood. There aren't alot of rails!
I want somethign higher but not too high, but everything is too high! Well, there are a few that don't look super high, but they're all on ledges or not sturdy. and I don't want to kill myself.
So, I haven't been SOAPing for a little bit, and I'm afraid to get bored with it. Is this happening to anyone else?
Replies

May 15, 2007AnthoFlex

Look around for rails. The sickest rail may be closer than you think

May 15, 2007rhinoskater30

true...true...

May 15, 2007SapAuthor

The hunt is most often the best part. Plus whenever i'm driving, i always look for possible SOAP rails. But yes, there ARE rails out there, and somewhere the perfect rail, just take a bike and go around town ;-) WHen i was in florida, my perfect rail i found while on the other side of the Bay.

May 15, 2007OT

Right now I currently only have two real good spots to go to, so every now and then I put on my headphones and go on an exploration trip. It's not really the best part, but its pretty fun.

May 15, 2007xJeremiahx

Damn, I want that rail neer me. I still have yet to find any rails that are lower than hip high. And all the rails at my local skate park are rectangular so it is very hard to get any decent grinds on without catching on the ruber.

May 15, 2007AnthoFlex

Damn those SKATE rails, you have to grind em as if you were grinding a ledge

May 16, 2007kobansora

I haven't had any problems on those yet.

~JJ

May 16, 2007AnthoFlex

I just hate ledges, i'm more of a handrail person

May 16, 2007xJeremiahx

Is it wierd that I do better switch on ledges than regular?

May 16, 2007SonicSoaper

I'm going to tell you right now. If you're going to the demo, you're going to flip out when it comes to Soaptopia. It's a really killer spot.

May 16, 2007xJeremiahx

Unfortunately I can't make it. I live in SoCal so NYC is pretty far away.

How high is that rail exactly anyways?

May 16, 2007SonicSoaper

The rails in Soaptopia are perfect for practicing new stuff. They're about knee height but they're pretty fun.

May 16, 2007AnthoFlex

There are 9 rails in the Soaptopia

May 17, 2007AnthoFlex

4 are Knee hieght, 5 are a little above knee height.

1 (which is chained off) is a giant S handrail, which i have already cleared...before it was chained up

i know that makes 10 in total but i dunt count the handrail because it isnt cirrently accessable

May 17, 2007SonicSoaper

That and you might get raped on it.

May 17, 2007AnthoFlex

i never got raped on it, its an awesome handrail, i can hit it with no problem

May 17, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah but didn't you tell me the others got raper on there near the end?

May 17, 2007AnthoFlex

umm...they got raped by the Queens college rail (so did i). They didnt get raped on the Soaptopia handrail, but they did smack into the fence. (the rail ends at a fence) haha

May 17, 2007AnthoFlex

Speaking of this thread's topic:

Im making my own Kinked rail, i'm almost done, it will be one of the xtra rails available to use at the demo. : )

May 18, 2007rhinoskater30

yo renny, i told you a while back i got a kinked rail, and it was missing a part...well...

I got it a week ago! It's freakin' awesome, and slides really well.

May 18, 2007AnthoFlex

cool. I'm making my own kinked rail

May 18, 2007SonicSoaper

I love scaring the shit out of my team-mates. "Those Ords are gonna rape yo' ass!" Making your own rail? Does that require a blow torch?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jordan Muck hittin a Backslide at Canton
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farfegnugen
Oliver Reed hittin a Royale down the S rail at Wash U
Mike Burke hittin a Sportin his Boltars
Bryndon Smith hittin a Frontside the Iowa City Kink