Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Making your own rails
Dec 7, 2003 by Phantom00991

When I started soaping, I instantly made like 5 rails out of wood. A 20 foot ground rail, a slanted rail, a few other ground rails and a knee high rail. Basically with 2x4's and nails, you can make really great rails. I didn't have much to work with though...Also I modified an old picnic table for better grindage.(new benchs/braces.) Also a good pr is a rail from chain-link/storm fences. Anyone else have more diy rail ideas?
Mabie a metal handrail with wooden legs? I've been trying that and I just can't get it to work.
Replies

Dec 7, 2003Floptastic

if you wanted a metal hand rail heres what you'd proabbly have to do

Build a small stair set or slope using lots of wood. Buy some galvanized steel for the legs and the rail itself. then start welding

Dec 7, 2003Smokey

Build stairs? Who the hell would build stairs? There are easier ways to make a sloped hand rail.

Dec 8, 2003timmy

building rails is kind of gay. Just do real hand rails

Dec 8, 2003C.Strife

get a ratchet set and go to a set of stairs and steal the rail....enough said

Dec 9, 2003Floptastic

I think it'd be faster to just cut a rail off with a cutting torch. always wanted to do that

Dec 9, 2003Phantom00991

thank's guys, sometimes it's good to have some better practice rails at home for when you can't go out and soap...I live in the mid of no where, so when I'm bored I kinda want some rails that aren't on the ground to at least tech on for a while.

Dec 9, 2003GreenBeret

i hate retards like you. hey lets go steal a rail. ppl like u ruin spots. dumb fucks.

Dec 10, 2003Collin

i'd just go grind a rail near me, but there are lots a places near me.

Jan 1, 2004Jordan_Thompson

i have problems getting to rails also. i live in a town of 250!!! it's sooo small. so I always just mess around on practice rails and I actually get to grind rails like once out of the week, so when I do I am greatful. But I do love messing around on home built rails and I am thinking of making my own stair set... like a 7 with a nice rail on it..
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Jay Sers hittin a Cheesegrater in Montreal
Ryan Armstrong hittin a Frontside
Ryan Dawes hittin a Frontside on a big ol kinked rail.
Aaron MacDonald hittin a Frontside
Sequence of Andy Ford (Fordy) busting a 270 backside royale during the recent UKFSW Ipswich trip.