Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Soapshoes Demo is May 26th (Please Read)
Apr 21, 2007 by AnthoFlex

As many of you have already heard, the Soapshoes NYCS demo is going to be on May 26th, 2007 in Simeone Park in Corona, Queens NYC

Let everyone you know know about the demo, the more people, the better.

http://www.sonicandpals.com/soaps/externalsoap/demohome.html" target="_blank">Check Out The NYCS Demo Site

or just paste this link into your browser:

http://www.sonicandpals.com/soaps/externalsoap/demohome.html

On the page you will find all the info you will need:

Directions (MOST IMPORTANT
Downloadable Waiver (2nd MOST IMPORTANT)
FAQs page (VERY IMPORTANT)
Park layout pictures

Check out the site and let people know about the demo. Make myspace bullitens and stuff with the links (if you can)
Replies

Apr 21, 2007AnthoFlex

Also, please let me know what you think of the site. I tried to keep it similar to the Original Soapshoes site. I just thought it would give a better sense of it not being foreign or anything.

Also, (since i don't have and dunno how to use Frontpage/Dreamweaver) i wrote up all the HTMLs myself.....i hope it came out good

Apr 21, 2007AnthoFlex

bump back to top

Apr 21, 2007Mart

Dude, don't bump topics that are only a few hours long, there's no real need considering people drag up threads that are over a year old ;)

Site looks cool dude, not sure about the buttons but overall it looks pretty nice. |And as for the demo... don't think I can make it ;)

Apr 21, 2007AnthoFlex

Ehh, my buttons always suck haha

I said it before, but i tried to the site that old skool Soap look/feel/attitude. (I think that) it gives you a better feeling of what you are looking at. especially if anyone has seen the old Soapshoes site.

Shame you cant make it Mart, its all good though, if this demo goes good, we'll be holding more and more around the U.S.

Apr 21, 2007Mart

Just noticed a potential problem with the waiver you've drawn up. Unless you have it in writing from HSL explicitly stating that you guys organising the demo are representatives of the company, you might not be covered by the waiver if some poor bastard cracks his head open and his parents take you to court for it. If you don't have anything formal like that, should amend the waiver to include the demo organisers in the release as well

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Huh? im not too sure if i read that correctly, so dunt flame me if i get this wrong. Ive been sk8ing all day and my head is so fucked up.

I know Dario and Sal are representatives because they are on the team

I think i am a representative because i work with Steve and Trev selling shoes. If those dont count, please let me know now, and i'll change em in a heart-beat

Apr 22, 2007Mart

Probably not dude. Like you say, Dario and Sal are on the team whereas you're not. It'd be best to mention 'the organisers of the demo' in the waiver cause, if something goes tits up, you just know some psycho parent will try and sue your ass for encouraging their son to use the shoes they bought him

Apr 22, 2007Surfaced

Yeah I'd watch out. There are always people of that type around, always looking for a way too make money. My mother runs a business, and every week or so, someone tries to find flaws in our policy so that they can get refunds whilst keeping our product or getting extras for free. At first we complied with this, but then we realized we were being taken advantage of.

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

iight, imma change it then, thanx guys

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

ok, i just changed it, all i need is trev to upload the new file...looks like imma have to print out 100 MORE copies of NEW waivers...-_-

oh well, anything to keep the good name alive

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

if something goes tits up

*gasp* He said tits! X)

But seriously, if it's to save your as from legal problems then it's cool. I just hope the old waviers aren't null and void.

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

they arent void, i know you and Travis won't sue....you better not haha

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah, haha. *shifty eyes* (He's onto me...)

Apr 22, 2007SapAuthor

I dunno, I mean even the SOAP stickers on the bottom say just basically "by taking this off and using this shoe, you wave the right to sue us" The same goes for any thing, if you sign a paper saying "by signing this, you wave the right to sue for any injuries that may occur from this demo or use of this product" there's no way they can argue that it's ur fault that they hurt themselves, they DID sign saying they wave the right to sue.

Then again i'm not a legal expert, but that's all that any private skatepark does. Sign a form saying "you hurt urself it's your fault, you can't sue us" lol. Same concept, really don't think there's anything that can be done.

But meh, what do I know, i'm no lawyer, i make comics.

Apr 22, 2007Mart

Antho, you should void those waivers. If someone gives you one of the old ones and then hurts themselves, you could end up in court because that waiver didn't waive you of liability.

Ugh, litigation in the US is ridiculous. I heard of a case a few years ago where some woman managed to sue Wal-Mart or something for tripping over her own child. Incredible

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

A lawsuit over her tripping over her own child? Wow, what a load of bullocks.

Apr 22, 2007sam

Haha, us here in the U.S sue for anything possible.

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

wow...haha

aiight then, now voiding....Now i need Trevor to upload this new ZIP...

Apr 22, 2007JeiHeirumaru

Yo Antho,I'm lovin' the new site,
bro

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Thanx dude

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

Ok, the problem has been fix. Again a big thanx to Mart who pointed out the leaky crack in the wall

Good lookin out dude ; )

Oh by the way, in another post you said that you were doing a music video? thats hot, are you a DJ, Rapper, Band player, or something?

Apr 22, 2007SonicSoaper

I think he's a dark serious rocker.

Apr 22, 2007AnthoFlex

perhaps, but i think we should let HIM answer, no offense

Apr 23, 2007SonicSoaper

Non taken.

Apr 23, 2007SamusMeleeMaste

O YEA SOAP SHOES BABY

Apr 23, 2007Mart

I was videoing a bank called http://www.myspace.com/interlock">Interlock, they're an industrial/cyber metal band from London who I'm good friends with. My video camera isn't just for shooting Soap videos ;)

Apr 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Fucking nice work man, thats super sick

Apr 24, 2007SonicSoaper

Bands are cool. Death metal is funny to me because I believe the pig squeal-esqe singing is humorous.

Apr 25, 2007Mart

That video on there isn't what we shot, they did that about two years ago. The latest one hasn't been edited yet, but it's for the track 'Straight' that's on their page

Apr 28, 2007AnthoFlex

ooo, thats pretty sick man

Apr 28, 2007fastslider

Hey guys I'm new, WOW a demo, how awesome!!!

Apr 29, 2007SonicSoaper

Hmmm, suspicious.

Apr 29, 2007AnthoFlex

whats suspicious now?

Apr 29, 2007AnthoFlex

Fastslider, if you are in NYC (or near NYC) go to the demo site and check out the directions to get there.

Hope to see you there

Apr 29, 2007SonicSoaper

I just have a feeling.

Apr 29, 2007kobansora

Yeah his reply seemed weird.

Anyways, my friends want to take a road trip down to there to join the demo. If it were in the summer, I'd totally take a road trip lol.

~JJ

Apr 29, 2007RamenRadio

Who is deleting my posts?

Apr 29, 2007AnthoFlex

Kobansora, where do you live again? i forgot

Apr 30, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeah dude. Are you in Canadia or something?

Apr 30, 2007RamenRadio

He lives in washington man

Apr 30, 2007AnthoFlex

wow....i thought he was closer than that

Apr 30, 2007SonicSoaper

It's still kinda close...if he drives to New York the day before or something.

Apr 30, 2007SonicSoaper

Oh, you mean the state of Washington. I thought you said D.C.

Apr 30, 2007AnthoFlex

a Drive from Washington DC to NYC (where i live) is about....8-10 hours.....don't quote me on that thought, because im trying to remember how long it took to get from NYC to Washngton DC when me and my friends drove to Florida

Apr 30, 2007sam

I live in in Amherst New York, and I am driving and its going to take about 9-11 hours to get there, and the whole trip is going to cost around $400.

May 1, 2007kobansora

No I am in State lol...

A drive down there would take me a month. That's why I said I wish it were in the summer, b/c at that time me and my friends could take a road trip down there... And make a soaping video of our way there and back, and there!

~JJ

May 1, 2007SonicSoaper

Let's just hope this demo goes really well so HSL will let us do more around the country.

May 1, 2007AnthoFlex

i dunt even have to hope....

the only thing i am starting to worry about is if we are gonna get in trouble....There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people coming than originally thought....

No joke...we may have >100 people o.O

May 1, 2007kobansora

If there is a demo and you have a license, then you have nothing to worry about if there are gonna be 100+ ppls showing up. Hopefully all of them have respect for Soaping, b/c some people are just assholes :/

I'm sure you guys get hella respect in NYC though... Esp b/c you guys know 5boro. Or one of you guys do haha.

~JJ

May 1, 2007AnthoFlex

Yea, i know the owner of 5boro, Steve rodriguez, hell of a cool guy. Skate day sum kid snapped his board and he tossed him a free 5boro deck.

He also hooked me up with sum giant 5boro stickers

May 1, 2007SonicSoaper

Sweeeet.

May 1, 2007RamenRadio

Dude, I can help you out if you want. But I'm going to be helping out the guys that Kurt and I are bringing the most.

May 1, 2007kobansora

You can help out with plane tickets hahahahha

But yeah I'll be here. I'll just try to start a big Soap crew down here so we can go Soap places. Last Friday it was just me and my friend and we got a lot of ppls watching and even kinda ran from a cop. When we get a group, ppls will start noticing and something might happen.

~JJ

May 4, 2007AnthoFlex

Kobansora, you coming to NYC for the demo? Fucking sweet

May 6, 2007AnthoFlex

up up up

May 6, 2007kobansora

No I'm not going lo, sorry if I mislead you. I meant that I'll be HERE in WA.

Don't worry though, it'll become big here somehow.

Hopefully nobody worries about cops.

~JJ

May 7, 2007AnthoFlex

bump up

im sorry, its just that its close to demo time. people need to read this

May 8, 2007AnthoFlex

May 9, 2007AnthoFlex

UP UP UP

May 9, 2007kobansora

Good luck at the demo guys. Like for real lol, I wish I could go but I can't.

~JJ

May 9, 2007RamenRadio

I'd pay you to be there kobansora, but I have no money, and I'm begging as it is for sam to go lol

May 9, 2007AnthoFlex

You dont need to beg Sam, hes staying at a hotel near my place. Whoooot Sam and I are gonna Soap a day early

May 13, 2007AnthoFlex

Kicking back up

Dudes, remember, waivers are very important!

May 13, 2007RamenRadio

I printed out like 10 man

May 13, 2007SonicSoaper

Should I also mention that the E.O.B. boys and I have been churning out stickers like sweatshop workers on steroids?

May 13, 2007AnthoFlex

ok, when i said:
Dudes, remember, waivers are very important!

i was talking about people filling out waivers, not about you guys printing them. I honestly dunno why you guys are printing out waivers like crazy when we are going to have a whole stack at the demo.

May 13, 2007AnthoFlex

unless its because you want to generously add to the stack, which is cool, but kinda useless for you

May 13, 2007RamenRadio

its for our friends that are getting soaps soon who want to come to the demo man.

May 13, 2007OT

Damn a Soap Duck sounds kinda ill. Too bad I'm over here in Sweden, good luck to you and hope a lot of people show up.

May 13, 2007OT

edit:good luck to *y'all*

May 19, 2007AnthoFlex

up

May 22, 2007AnthoFlex

This Saturday people! Whooohooo!

May 22, 2007RamenRadio

Oh good god I can't wati!

May 22, 2007SonicSoaper

I've been keeping a countdown on Facebook for the past three weeks. It's gonna be sick!

May 22, 2007rhinoskater30

have fun while I'm chillin' in paradise.

May 22, 2007RamenRadio

I'm going to use my scabs like I've never used them before man. I've even had some fun with my slo bro plates lol

May 22, 2007RamenRadio

I mean since I've used the scabs, soaping has been WAAY sicker than before :D I love those shoes.

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

I'm voiding this new waiver as well. If anyone needs a waiver, pick it up and sign it at the demo. I'm fucking tired of New York City.

The goddamn permit is still pending unless i do sumthing to keep the city from getting sued. This new waiver is the same fucking shit, it just declares that you will not sue HSL, AND The City Of New York

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

So pick up a waiver and sign it at the demo

May 23, 2007AnthoFlex

Or if you REALLY REALLY need a copy to sign at home, email me at AnthoFlex@yahoo.com, i'll mail you a copy of the most recent one.

Trevor's on his way to slovakia right now on plane playing Gamecube, so he cant upload anything to SaP right now.

May 24, 2007SonicSoaper

How the hell is he playing a Gamecube on an airplane?

May 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Oh, hes got his ways, haha

May 24, 2007SonicSoaper

BUH DATS EELEGAHL! BAHD TREVOR!

May 24, 2007AnthoFlex

But seriously, i want to Stress how important a signed waiver is. even if you are my best friend, like hell if imma let you guys sue Soap if anything happens. You guys need this NEW waiver. Email me at Anthoflex@yahoo.com for a PDF of JPG copy of the new waiver

May 24, 2007AnthoFlex

Trev is out so i cant ask him to upload the new waivers

May 24, 2007SonicSoaper

Seriously there's another new one? Dang.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Quinn Padgett's Detention for Soaping at School
Gabriel hittin a Frontside
Sonic the Hedgehog busting a royale and getting rings
Aaron Taraboletti sliding a square kinked rail at Drake University
Aaron Stunkard hittin a Sliding a pink handrail