Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
You know what I think?
Apr 16, 2007 by kobansora

I think we should seriously try to group up Soapers together and raid skateparks. I mean, not to be rude and disrespectful, but because... Well... Let me explain.

While a few people totally respect that I'm Soaping, other people are total assholes. Today, my friend was hitting the five-stair to warm up for the 8-stair at the skatepark today, and some BMXer comes up and is just mocking him straight up. Then he's ilke, GET YOUR FREE RUNNING SHIT OUT OF THIS SKATEPARK! And it's like, DUDE QUIT BEING AN ASSHOLE, WE'RE NOT IN YOUR WAY AND WE'RE NOT DISRESPECTING YOU.

We get shit like this everytime we go. I wish that there was a still a group of Soapers that would travel around the country that had insane skills just to come to skateparks and big rails to show people that Soaping is as hardcore as any other extreme sport out there.

We may not be doing kickflips, but some of us are pulling off crazy 540 Truespin UFOs, I'm sure of it.

Where is the respect these days?

Skateparks were built to keep anything that had to do with skateboarding, inlining, or BMXing, or anything else that required some insane tricks. They were built to keep kids off the streets; In that they were built to keep kids from tearing up property and stuff. I mean, we still do, but this is where it's not illegal. I mean, I don't expect Heelers to just come in and do Heely tricks; If they allow those at malls then they're pretty much allowed anywhere else (Unless they had grindplates). Otherwise, Soapers shouldn't get shit when they go into a skatepark.

I don't know if you experience this, but we do. We need more Soapers out here in WA... Or we just need to find them.

~JJ
Replies

Apr 16, 2007Joshua3109

I agree 100% with you. But i live in Newfoundland so I wouldent be able to soap with you anytime soon haha.

Apr 16, 2007SonicSoaper

This is a good idea however you still must remember the so called "Xtreme Sports Hierarchy" in which the common athletes or "poseurs" will pretty mush talk trash about whatever they don't like. The actual experienced or open minded athletes will actually try the sport in question before they say it sucks or whatever.

Apr 16, 2007AnthoFlex

You know how you get the respect?:

1. Do your thing, don't care what anybody thinks or says about Soaping.

2. When people ask you what are Soaps? Answer straight up, "They are the shoes that let you Grind what you want, when you want. They take your walking to a whole other level"

3. Show off your best stuff. Haters will be haters, and the interested will join you and back you up. Boom, simple eh?
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Derek Brooks hittin a Backside Farf
Daz Burt pulling a frontside 'nugen during the UKFSW Ipswich trip.
Dude sliding a rail on the Soap Van at the Summer Slam demo
Aaron Taraboletti hittin a Frontside at Wash U
Bryndon with a royale on some bleachers