Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
the dismount
Mar 30, 2007 by Tank

alright so theres this 10 stair at my high school and its a pretty steep slope and everytime i make it to the bottom i land and roll but on like the holiday video there doing huge rails and it looks like there just walking away sometimes, so how do you do it, land both feet and run or as you come off the rail start running through the air, im just getting tired of my back rolling across asphalt thanks.
Replies

Mar 30, 2007pepsi

hm, i think it depends how fast your going when your on the rail, like if your going at a crazy speed you probably have to roll.

but i aint too sure about the best way to dismount. ;x

Mar 30, 2007Slider388

how are you jumping off the rail?

Mar 30, 2007Tank

i just grind the thing but im comming off so fast i cant run it out so i end up rolling.

Mar 30, 2007Slidey

You should roll cause its better for your knees, but if you don't wana then try this technique http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/fundamentals/landing/index.htm

Mar 30, 2007AnthoFlex

Dude, if you need to roll,...roll. Dunt risk smashing your knees or your legs. If the 10 set is really that extreme, then maybe you SHOULD be rolling the way you do now

Mar 30, 2007AnthoFlex

If you were blading, you would be expected to ride away, but with Soapshoes, if its too intense, dunt stress it

Mar 30, 2007AnthoFlex

sorry for the 3rd consecutive comment, i clicked COMMENT without adding this...

If you are really that willing to land on ur feet....i would suggest braking on the rail near the middle, end, or near-end so that it isnt so much more of an impact on your legs/knees

Mar 31, 2007Mart

The Relate crew brake on every single grind down a stair set; it's the only way to control your speed. If you can royale yet, really torque over on your back foot and brake along the outside of the shoe, and that should slow you down enough so that you can control your dismount

Mar 31, 2007AnthoFlex

Not to mention is looks cooler ; )

Mar 31, 2007AnthoFlex

*braking i mean...it looks cooler and it has that squeek, i dunno, i like that squeek

Apr 4, 2007SonicSoaper

I hope the good ole Relate boys are still Soaping.

Apr 5, 2007AnthoFlex

I know Bryndon does. He's as big of a Soap whore as i am, haha

Apr 5, 2007SonicSoaper

Ah, good ole Bryndon Smith. A hero to all he is.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Alexei Tajzler of DEOS hittin an Alley-Opp CG in Wilmington, Delaware
Derek Brooks hittin a Frontside
Herr Blunt hittin a Frontside
Joe Fitzgerald hittin a UFO
Cullen Wurzer hittin a Royale on the school handrails