Login (sign up)
Username Password

Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts
Podcast
Mar 11, 2007 by Jard39

A good way to spread SOAPing would be a podcast im sure people would download it
Replies

Mar 11, 2007kobansora

A podcast of what? I'm sure we all don't have enough time to like, get videos of us Soaping every week or something :/

And plus, we'd have to have a WIDE variety of locations and a WIDE variety of people participating (From East Coast to West Coast to get a wide variety of locations and people and things being grinded on). I mean, just a few select people and a few select locations would be a bit boring...

~JJ

Mar 11, 2007kobansora

BUT they'd have to have some talent too... Unlike me, I can't hop onto a rail yet lol. I'm about bike-rack level now.

~JJ

Mar 11, 2007DaSholZ

I think this is a very good idea. Podcasts are getting more and more popular. This would be a VERY good way to promote Soaps.
If you know a podcast, ask them to plug SolidGrind.com and to tell their audience about Soapshoes.

Mar 12, 2007SonicSoaper

Yeeah, but what sort of Soap news would we be giving the general public in a weekly podcast?

SonicSoaper: Uh, yanninicole came back today.
AnthoFlex: She could be worth something if she didn't blab about Heelys.
SS: In other Soap related news.......friggin spammers.

Mar 12, 2007DaSholZ

I never said a weekly podcast. I know several podcasts that update monthly and bi-monthly.

Surely there would be some interesting news by then. It doesn't even have to be a podcast focusing only on Soaps.

Mar 12, 2007Jard39

yeah thats more of what i was thinking monthly and we could probably go find other half dead sports and they could tag on too

Mar 12, 2007RamenRadio

I'd think we'd have more than enough for a podcast. I'd gladly like to make a podcast. I've talked it over with people who had done it in the past, and they recommend using gizmo for people across the internet talking on the podcast. I'd like Renny and AJ to do it with me. I'll talk to you about it later Renny.

Mar 13, 2007AnthoFlex

hey i used to do the Soapshoes news everyday on myspace.com/Soapshoes

r u taking my idea?

Mar 13, 2007Jard39

no i rarely even log ionto my myspace so i didn't know u thought of it u can take credit if u want

Mar 13, 2007AnthoFlex

i am gonna take credit because i used to do the Soapshoes news EVERYDAY for 2 months, then i kinda stopped

Mar 13, 2007RamenRadio

wait, are you saying I'm taking your idea?

Mar 13, 2007AnthoFlex

i dunno, i just read, Soapshoes news and sumthing about podcast (w.e that is)

all im saying is that, if you ARE gonna do it, i'm letting you know that its not a new idea.....i did the Soapshoes news for 2 months straight as Myspace.com bulletins

Mar 13, 2007broox

and before you, there were how many sites that did daily news?

truth be told, there just isn't enough new things going on in soap to require daily news...

however, i say bring on the podcast... you'll probably be the first soap shoes podcaster, heh.

Mar 13, 2007AnthoFlex

I really dunno, how many Derek? but, heh, if there WERE sites that did it before, there was NO way in hell they were cooler than mine.

I had:

World Soapshoes News
Team News
Demo News
The Daily Trick
The Daily Soaper Profile

and on occasion, i had the Trivia

but to this moment, i dunno what a podcaster is, and i really dunt wanna know, heh

Mar 13, 2007AnthoFlex

*sigh* sadly, i have no time to write up daily articles anymore.....i had a lot of fans who loved them, even you Derek..., but i guess its all good, i'll go back to it once this new power me and Trevor are working on is unleashed...

*my lips are sealed

Mar 14, 2007SonicSoaper

A podcaster is one who makes podcasts. MUAHAHA, I'ma nerd.

Mar 14, 2007Mart

Holy fucking Christ Antho, how big is your ego? Since when do you own the rights to anything Soap related? You don't. Plus, your 'official' Soap Shoes page on MySpace isn't official at all; it doesn't have backing from Soap, and if it did it wouldn't look like someone had eaten a bunch of Soap stickers, vomited it up, taken photos and put it on the internet

Mar 14, 2007SonicSoaper

Hmm how big is YOUR'S Mart? Seeing how you hardly Soap anymore and rip on people all day when they actually do something that seems suitable to bring Soap back into the mainstream. I don't care if UKFSW has that new video coming up, what EXACTLY have you been doing all this time aside from going to see underground metal shows and pretty much nothing?

Mar 15, 2007sam

Yeah, but how many people would really download it. We would have to get the word out to alot of others to.

Mar 15, 2007SonicSoaper

Well, Myspace is a good medium not to mention Facebook but yeah, you do have a point Sam.

Mar 15, 2007RamenRadio

Holy fucking christ yourself mart. Don't be such a hypocrite. That was a real dumb ass thing to say. What the fuck have you done to support soap? Do you even do any of your so called "sick" royales anymore? when was even the last time you soaped? huh? I'll tell you, the last time I soaped was an hour ago. So first off, don't make fun of ANYONE that supports soap, otherwise I'd think you were a heely person. And are YOU learning flash to help soap? Are you spending tons of your time trying to help soap? Are YOU doing anything besides hating on tons of people? Jesus christ, think before you hate

Mar 15, 2007Slidey

Uhh... whats with all the needless conflict?

Mar 15, 2007Mart

Think before I hate? Right, time to rip into that ridiculous statement

The issue I have here is that Antho jumped on kobansora for making a pretty cool suggestion, without evening knowing what a podcast is. What's the deal with that? Surely if you're all about promoting Soap then you should welcome such ideas, rather than stifle them with egos and accusations of theft

As for what I've done for Soap, I've probably done a hell of a lot more than you. What research have you done on that? Fuck all, that's what. If I'd not nothing for Soap then I wouldn't be an admin on this site.

Last time I Soaped was back in the summer. The one thing that was always a difficulty in UKFSW is that we all live so far apart. We've also grown up now and don't have as much time to dedicate to something we're still heavily interested in. When UKFSW was younger we did a hell of a lot more to try and push the product but we all have different priorities now. As much as I love Soap I can't afford to put in the time these days like I did when I was a kid

I've been in this scene for over five years now and I hate to see how much attitude there is. Admittedly a lot of that has come from me over the years, but I've only ever caused shit when a bunch of benders start throwing their weight around without any good reason. Soap has never been interested in pushing the product outside of the States, which is half the reason why it looks like I've done jack shit; if I were in the US I'd be pushing for demos and more promo in a much more thought out and reasoned manner than half the crap I've witnessed on here

Yes, my royales are still 'sick', thanks. Once the weather warms up a bit more I'll be digging out the practice rail and warming up to catch some new media. You guys can rip on me all you want but I've yet to see anything from you that comes close to what I or UKFSW have done over the years. Besides, if you really want to piss me off, get some media that's better than mine ;)

Mar 15, 2007RamenRadio

Haha, now we are having fun.
First off, how did you prove me wrong about me saying think before I hate? I don't see how the hell AnthoFlex jumped on Kobansora.

Second, it doesn't matter if it's the winter time, you can still soap. I've been soaping at 2 O'Clock in the morning even, it's not THAT cold.

Third, how does being separated from fellow soapers have ANYTHING to do with you soaping by yourself? It's fun to soap with fellow soapers, but it's not impossible to do it by yourself. Yes, I can see what you mean by separation can make things more difficult for a demo. However, I don't live next door to Renny, and my soap team and I managed to get over to soap in queens where there are A LOT more rails there than in East Islip Which also brings me to my next point, I have almost NO RAILS in East islip, but that doesn't stop me. no way. So basically what I'm saying, Mart, is that Soaping is my life, and nothing will stop me. Yeah, I'd prefer to soap on a rail and not a curb, but I soaped on them anyway, and started challenging myself as much as I could. And then you know what? I soap some more. I don't care if it would be almost impossible for me to soap on. The point is that I do it. Because soaping means too much to me, that no one will stop me. Not even your half assed hates. Take renny for example. He didn't let ANYTHING or ANYONE stop him, and he's making the best demo of the century, and having TONS of people get soap shoes

Four: I've convinced quite a few people to get soaps. Two people just ran into me yesterday and asked me! I told them EVERYTHING that they would need to know. I'm also bringing them to the demo. Not only that, I'm giving out flyers for the demo, I'm going to soap in the talent show (maybe with my team as well, not sure yet), and I'll be printing out soap stickers from my new printer whenever I get it.
What have YOU done Mart? I'm waiting.
And Five: I've only been soaping for about 4 months now, so I'm a little new to soaping. But don't worry, I'll kick your royales ass, just you wait :D

Mar 15, 2007RamenRadio

and one last thing Mart, hating on Renny? NOT COOL. He's saved something that everyone here seems to REALLY like to do. You hate on him ONE LAST TIME, and I assure you, you will never see a soap shoe again.

Mar 15, 2007AnthoFlex

......are we all done?

Mar 15, 2007RamenRadio

I'm quite done

Mar 15, 2007SapAuthor

O.o People people, a house divided amongst itself shall fall.

Look, any feesable promotion idea will be looked into, right now we are working on a major one which is taking priority, but we have a list of different ideas.

Mart, although the soapshoes myspace page is not current "top notch", we are building a new and improved one, and it IS official by steve and mine's standards, it has really helped promote sales while we get things together. U should be giving props to Renny about the site.

Plus, the new design me and Renny are working on will not only go on the myspace, but also my site, AND replace soapshoes.com. Meaning it WILL be official. So back off, aight?

And i'm not saying you ahven't done anything, but lately u haven't done much, and ur site still has "Currently there are no stores that sell SOAPs" in your "buy soaps" link on soapshoes.info. You did put us in the news, but would be nice to have that up there.

Just cuz you've been on the soaping scene longer, doesn't mean ur doing more currently. Renny has busted his butt promoting soaps, working with us on the new site, and getting demos going. He's also my soap bro, and after sales get up more, i'm going to talk to steve about cutting some of the profits with him and making him head of promotion, although that will have to be okayed with steve (although shouldn't matter cuz i'de be splitting my profit with him, and it woudln't really effect steve).

Now everyone, keep the ideas ready, we'll take each one at a time, currently SOAPs are still working their way up, i dont think it's ready yet for a podcast, but someday soon.

Now let's all forgive and forget. Let this argument end.

Mar 15, 2007RamenRadio

Thanks Trevor, and I'm sorry about that. I'll just gotta try and keep my cool, I have trouble with that

Mar 15, 2007SonicSoaper

Can we all just relax now and get some ice cream?

Mar 15, 2007RamenRadio

I don't know about Ice Cream, but I'm pretty relaxed lol

Mar 15, 2007SonicSoaper

I WANT ICE CREAM!

Mar 16, 2007SapAuthor

So, with this podcast, what would all be involved? Software wise, etc, and can someone tell me what a podcast is? I know about it, but don't know what the heck it is XD I dont' have an iPod

Mar 16, 2007Jard39

its posted on itunes for others to download free of charge in some there are t.v. show in others people singing but i think in ours we would want the newsabout SOAP and some awsome grinds

Mar 16, 2007RamenRadio

I gave all the soapers of EOB soapers webcams, and I have a very nice camcorder, so I think that we could do the podcast. The only thing is that I think that we should hold off just as Trevor said.
Login or sign up to reply
Username
Password
Louis hittin a Frontside
Tal Zeltzer hittin a Grinding a tall handrail
Handicapped Soaping at the Post Office
Strider Patton hittin a Frontside at Cornell
Mike sliding the massive Iowa City kink